Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day

Today was the first day of school for me. After a rather uneventful summer it's strange to be back in school. I mean, it great to see the faces of people that I haven't seen since last May, but they all ask me what I did during the Summer. Unfortunately, my summer turned out to be quite uneventful. I didn't really go anywhere and I really didn't do much. I did go to Gay Pride, and I did volunteer work at Bloom, which I'm sure is going to make aGLIFF 23 a big success, but I didn't go to Ocean City with the rest of my family and I could have done more, but just didn't feel inspired.

As I didn't do much during the Summer, I'm being held in suspense of the workload that will hit me, but as I've always operated better when I'm busy, I think I'll actually welcome it rather than dread it. Also, I'm actually excited to take Human Sexuality, which is my only class until late September. My professor, Dr. Steve Rison, is the adviser for Equality Now, a GLBTQA (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Allies) club I'm part of so I already met him a few times.

In Human Sexuality Dr. Rison told us that he wanted us to start a journal which we should write in a few days a week. It was actually kind of funny, because I have been meaning to blog more lately, so it was like the Universe was telling me that it was not only OK, but somewhat required. Another thing that Dr. Rison told us is that we should start a large project, which we have to present to the class at the end of the semester. I'm not really sure what my project will be at the moment, but I do know that I want to take it with some new friends in class. These two new friends, which shall remain nameless for now, are also part of the GLBT community, so I think more than likely my project will fall under that spectrum.

Another thing which I'm planning on doing much of this semester is getting involved in Student Life. During the last semester of the school year I spent a lot of time in the Student Life office since I became in officer in Equality Now. Spending time there, I realized that a lot of what Student Life did is a lot of what I want to do, so I've decided to help them out by being a volunteer. I want to completely immerse myself in the system, and possibly help out Equality Now have more a voice in ACC in the process. I also want to meet more of the students in my school, and being part of Student Life will ensure I do that.

Well, anyways, that's what I wanted to blog about this evening. I'll post another WIT (What I Think) blog pretty soon and keep you all updated on what's happening this semester in school!

Until next time,

SEXDUCTXY!

No comments: