Monday, June 9, 2008

Being Extraordinary and Florida

It’s 4 AM and after a night out at the clubs I really don’t understand why I decided to stay up to post a blog or two. The whole truth of the matter is that I don’t really post much on this blog as it evident to whoever has read this. It’s already June 9, 2008 and my last blog post was May 19, 2008. I probably won’t post again until I come back from Florida and even then I’ll probably be pulling shit out of thin air.

It’s not that I have a terribly unremarkable life; it’s just that it’s just not that remarkable. It’s not extraordinary in the least and an ordinary life will yield an ordinary individual and more than anything, I want to be extraordinary. I think that’s what most people want: They want to be extraordinary.

Think about it? Why are we so obsessed with the stars of today? We may say we hate them, but why do we hate them? Do we hate them because they’re stupid or do we hate them because we’re jealous of them that for some reason they get the attention we want? I mean, I say I don’t care what people say about me, but I actually do. I want people to like me, I want people to say: “Wow, DC is a great guy.” However, if I got the attention that someone like Paris Hilton got, I wouldn’t give a fuck what people thought about me.

We hate stars like Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, and Lindsay Lohan because for someone reason they became extraordinary and we didn’t. We think: “We can do what they do everyday so why am I still ordinary? Why am I not extraordinary?” It’s a stupid thought really for I’ve learned from Davey Wavey’s blog Break the Illusion (Look for a link in the bottom of this post) that we shape our lives how we want them to be. If we say, “I am extraordinary” the universe will listen and we will become extraordinary no matter how ordinary we may seem. Our lives will resonate as being extraordinary as we are and we will yield its extraordinary benefits.

Now, as for some DC’s life news, a while ago I got accepted to a great opportunity. I got accepted to the Obama Organizing Fellows Program and I will be helping Barack Obama win the presidential election by spreading him message of change and volunteering for him at a state that at the moment seems to be Florida. I will, for sure, be doing my training at Fort Lauderdale and hopefully I’ll be staying there as well though I foolishly told them that I would relocate to another state if they needed me to.

I leave on Friday, June 13 and I will come back sometime in late July. I will be leaving in such an importune time. I leave the day before Pride Fest and my niece’s third birthday and I don’t even know when I’m actually supposed to be at the airport. I’ll be at Fort Lauderdale at June 13 at 1:15 PM but who will be there to wait for me? Will there be anybody there? When will the call me? Where is the county where I’m supposed to stay and do my training at? Will I get to stay in Fort Lauderdale? Millions of questions are resonating in my mind.

Well, I that WIT (What I’m Thinking) at 4 AM this day on June but I think I’ll be OK. I’ll post another blog right after this one! Have a good day everyone!

SEXDUCTXY!

Click here to visit Break the Illusion, my favorite blogger's blog!

No comments: